Large Vascular Prosthesis Tester
The LVP is a large vascular prosthesis tester designed to create accelerated cyclic pulsatile loading on synthetic or biological vessels, 6mm in diameter and larger.
The LVP operates by setting the baseline pressure, simulating the diastolic pressure, then pulsing the samples to simulate the systolic pressure using a precision bellows drive system.
This pulsing, when performed under recommended conditions, closely recreates the movement that occurs in vivo.
The LVP is equipped with an external stainless steel water bath tank for sample submersion, which maintains samples at a given temperature and can create a saline environment for devices that are attached externally to your mock vessels. Due to the interchangeable manifold design, a wide variety of sizes and shapes can be accommodated on the LVP.
This tester is designed to test samples from 6mm ID to any custom shape desired. The number of samples is determined by the shape and volume needed to achieve the target deflection.
The DC7000, a micro processor based controller allows for enhanced levels of experimental control and data capture. The DC7000 controls the speed, pressure and temperature, while recording the cycle count and allowing for graphing of the pressure signal by use of highly precise pressure transducers.
Advantages of this Tester
- Flexibility to use internal pressurization technique or external deflection measurements.
- Temperature controlled water bath for samples.
- Drive system provides high per pulse repeatability to ensure accurate testing.
- Interchangeable manifolds for multiple sample sizes.
- Safety switches for temperature and pressure.
- Programmable cycle counts for automatic shut off.
- Large range of sample size capacity.
Limited one year on tester and on controller, three months on precision bellows.
Extended warranties available upon request.
- Overall Dimensions: 36″ L x 22″ W x 15″ H
- Power Requirements: 115V AC
- Motor: 1/2 hp.
- Dry Weight: 150 lbs.
- Maximum Fluid Displacement: 150mL.
- Maximum Length of Sample: 25cm.
- Number of Samples: varies depending on compliance and OD of your sample.
- Volume Capacity: 24.6 liters for external tank. Total volume is 28.4 liters.
- Temperature Range : from 28°C to 40°C
- Temperature Accuracy: ±0.3°C
- Speed: up to 50Hz. *
Available with an optional ultra fast hyperdrive motor (LVPIII-HD).
*Tester is capable of high frequencies, but experimental data shows the reliability of test data and lifetime of the tester could be compromised at said frequencies. Sample design, size and compliance will determine the highest frequency at which the test can be performed with high confidence.